This blog aims to provide well-researched, credible political/historical analysis focused on:
- Building support for the socialist states, eg Cuba, China, Vietnam, DPR Korea
- Building support for progressive and socialist-oriented states, eg Venezuela, Nicaragua, South Africa, Brazil, Zimbabwe
- Building support for countries and movements that are fighting imperialism and zionism, eg Syria, Iran, Hezbollah
- Building support for any processes that support multipolarity, global south unity, and the elimination of poverty, underdevelopment, exploitation, race/gender discrimination, and war.
- Supporting movements in the imperialist countries that struggle against discrimination, war, neoliberalism, fascism
- Exploring issues around the building of socialism
- Exploring issues around the building a viable socialist/anti-imperialist movement in the west
- Helping to develop maximum unity around the principles of anti-imperialism
The name of the blog is a reference to Thomas Sankara, a great African revolutionary who is all too often forgotten.
“You cannot carry out fundamental change without a certain amount of madness. In this case, it comes from nonconformity, the courage to turn your back on the old formulas, the courage to invent the future. It took the madmen of yesterday for us to be able to act with extreme clarity today. I want to be one of those madmen. We must dare to invent the future.”